25 August 2010
We Made It!
I am going to keep this short because I have now been up nearly 30 hours, and I am not making much sense. I did want to let everyone know that we (and all of our giant bags) made it to Brighton safely. We left Houston Tuesday around noon, had a layover in Charlotte N.C. and then arrived at Gatwick around 7:30 Wednesday morning. Somehow we made it with all of our bags onto the train from Gatwick to Brighton (about 25 min.), and even more amazingly we all fit in one (large van) taxi when we arrived in Brighton. The taxi took us to our new house, but unfortunately, our new landlord wasn't there. He had told us if he wasn't there, the keys would be at the knitting shop around the corner (our landlady owns the knitting shop). Sadly, we arrived around 9:30, and the knitting shop didn't open until 10:00. We did get a chance to meet a couple of our neighbors as we were spread out all over the sidewalk. Sorry I don't have pictures or more details now, but I will blog them as soon as I am able.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you are there safely! Walked by your house today and said a prayer all went well! Can't wait to hear about the adventures! Love, Mike, Laurie, Ty and Abby
ReplyDelete