I am sure everyone would agree that a person's 40th birthday is a big occasion (especially if you are a woman), and it seems like there is usually a big trip involved in the celebration. I have always had visions of relaxing somewhere quiet and warm. You know, lazy days spent at a Four Seasons somewhere with a beach and a really good spa.
Well, I got a big trip alright - a trip to College Station, and it wasn't just warm it was hot. Technically, I did get a trans-Atlantic trip. It just happened to be a trip to Texas that the entire family was taking anyway, but I am not complaining. Seriously, I had a great birthday, and I was able to spend it with the people I love most in the world.
We actually started my birthday celebration a day early when my family took me out to eat at an amazing steakhouse called The Republic. I just couldn't get enough steak while we were home, so it was the perfect treat to celebrate my big day. It also was special to enjoy that great meal with my parents, grandmother, brother and sister-in-law, and nephews (and of course Keith and the girls).
 |
| Very happy (and full) girls. |
 |
| The whole family ready to eat (again). |
 |
| The girls and Hayden looking good. |
 |
| Chuck and Meme. |
On my birthday, I had no choice but to start the day off with a quick run. It was hot, but it was also very necessary after all of the food we had been eating. After showering and while I was getting ready for the day, my family surprised me with their big "gift" to me. Keith and the girls made t-shirts for my birthday, and they were sweet enough to make one for me. Really, what more could I have asked for?
 |
| The front view of the birthday t-shirts. |
 |
| The back view. |
Seriously, I am a good sport. My family insisted that we wear our shirts for the day, so we all went to eat lunch at Raising Cane's sporting our matching t-shirts. The perfect sweet tea was the only thing that got me through that meal.
After lunch we got a visit from the Dallas contingency of the family. My cousin couldn't make the trip because he had to work, but his sweet wife Lynne brought their three boys to visit us, my brother's family and my grandmother. Luckily, Lynne had backup from my Aunt and Uncle. It was so much fun getting to hang out with the whole crew, and it was quite a sight to see the house full of 5 little boys. We missed my cousins, Michael and Laura, but it was great seeing Lynne, Charlie, Joey, Sam, Jean and Stormy.
 |
| Meme and the great-grand kids. |
 |
| Hayden and Charlie. |
 |
| Nana, me and Jean. |
 |
| Sam, Lynne and Devin. |
 |
| Carson, Sutton, Charlie and Sloane. |
After the excitement of the Days' visit, we were all hungry again, so we headed to Chuy's for some Mexican food. Really there is no better way to celebrate than with some chips, queso and margaritas.
 |
| I changed shirts, but my family didn't. |
 |
| Me, Nana and Meme. |
 |
| Chuck, Devin and Carson. |
 |
| The kids' table. |
Thanks to my sweet family for making my 40th birthday so much fun and so special. After spending a year so far from home, getting to spend the day with all of you was the best present I could have received.
No comments:
Post a Comment