One of the great things about living in Brighton is it is easy to go to London when you need a day out. I can usually talk the girls into a day in London when they are out of school on break even when I can't get them to visit a castle or cathedral. Luckily, on our trip to London in August I snuck in some culture without too much complaint from them.
While Keith slaved away at work, Sutton, Sloane and I took the train to London for the day. When we got to London Bridge Station, we walked across the street and wandered through the Borough Market. It was too bad that it was too early for lunch because there was some amazing food on offer. We also saw the Golden Hinde, a reconstruction of Sir Francis Drake's Tudor ship, when we were there.
We continued to walk along the Thames until we came to the Tate Modern. I had never been to the Tate Modern, so I was excited when the girls agreed to go with me to see the Damien Hirst exhibit.
After the Tate Modern we picnicked in a park, and then we headed to another museum that I had been wanting to visit, the Churchill War Rooms. I felt pretty lucky that the girls agreed to see two museums in one day. Of course, I had to bribe them with dinner at Wahaca, but that really worked out for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment