02 April 2011

Spring Flowers

It was sunny outside today, so I decided to do a little yard work.  Here is a before and after picture of our garden.

Before


After

I know, it is impressive.  Those were some pesky weeds.

Looking on the bright side, at least I can say that I didn't have to mow the yard, but I actually enjoy mowing the yard (even when it is really hot outside).  I am just strange that way.

Here is a picture of the roses blooming at our house in Austin this week (thanks for the pics Ryan).


Our Back Fence


The Arbor

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year, and I loved it when all the Lady Banks roses were blooming in our backyard.  It doesn't last long, but it is amazing while it lasts.

I can already tell Spring is going to be even more amazing here.  The flowers are just now starting to bloom.  All of the bulbs have come up, and there are bright clumps of daffodils growing everywhere.  They are in parks, people's yards and even on the side of the roads.  They grow around town this time of year sort of like bluebonnets do at home in Texas.


Roadside Daffodils

The girls should be glad I haven't made them take daffodil pictures like I used to make them take bluebonnet pictures.  Sutton especially hated bluebonnet pictures (remember she doesn't really like taking pictures).  Here is one of our bluebonnet pictures taken last Spring.

Bluebonnets at LHC


I know the girls look happy, but it was a painful process trying to get this picture.  I am not sure it would be worth it trying to get a good daffodil picture.  We will see.




No comments:

Post a Comment