11 September 2011

London Trip

Because we spent 3 weeks of the girls' summer holiday in Texas, I was determined we were going to do something fun and English when we returned to the UK.  After rejecting my suggestions of visiting castles and gardens, I finally got the girls to agree on a trip to London.  Unfortunately, Keith had to actually work, so it was just a girls trip.

We took the train from Brighton to London, and then we headed straight to the Science Museum.  Since it was still summer holiday and a bit of a drizzly day, the museum was crowded.  We explored for several hours and ate some lunch at the museum.


A Ford Model T - way to go America!

After the science museum, we went to check out Harrod's.  The girls had never been to Harrod's before, so they weren't too excited about going to a department store.  As you all know, Harrod's isn't like any other store in the world, and they were actually impressed.  We had a fun time trying to not get lost, and our favorite department was definitely the pet department.  Sutton was a little upset that I wouldn't let her get a hamster from Harrod's, but I knew Keith would never forgive me.

This Harrod's Lego man reminds me of Elf.


Sloane was so embarrassed of us taking this picture,
she wouldn't talk to us until we left Harrod's.

The actual reason that the girls agreed to go to London with me was because I promised I would take them to the new M&M's World London store.  I have never seen anything like this store except maybe the whole spectacle of Disney World.  It was over-commercialism at its finest, and the girls loved it. 



Just to add a little culture back into our day, we headed to the National Portrait Gallery after the M&M's store.  We happened upon the BP Portrait Award 2011, and it was really great.  My favorite portrait in the gallery though was a frame containing a running film of David Beckham sleeping.  Now that is art my friends.

Of course, we had to eat dinner before we headed back to Brighton, so we headed to Covent Garden to our favorite spot, Wahaca.  It is still the best Mexican food we have found in the UK.  Granted it is not Tex Mex, but the chips and guacamole can't be beat.

They actually licked this bowl of chocolate.  I am not kidding.







1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about all your amazing adventures!!! So glad you enjoyed Texas (despite the record breaking heat)!

    ReplyDelete