19 March 2012

Computer Issues

I am still way behind with the blogging, but I have been motivated to get caught up because we have been having computer problems.  Last week, our computer died, and it is scary how dependent we are on it. 

Keith made some phone calls to Dell, and they were pretty convinced our problem was the mother board.  Of course, Keith had to investigate it himself, so after spending a while on the Internet, he was convinced the problem was a faulty chip.  That all sounded fine until he told me he was going to take the computer apart to fix it with the hairdryer.  Guess what?  It worked! 



It is just a matter of time before the chip gives out completely (Keith has already fixed it twice), but for now it is still working.  That is why I thought I better get to blogging.  We have everything backed up on an external hard drive, but I know it will be a process to transfer everything to a new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment