19 March 2012

February Half-Term Break

Springtime makes me miss Texas, and I get jealous of my friends having thier Spring Breaks.  I must admit though it is nice to have the school year broken up more, and it always feels like there is a half-term break coming up soon.

In February the girls had a half-term break, and I actually talked them into going somewhere.  Of course, that somewhere was London and it included some shopping, so it wasn't too hard to talk them into it.

After taking the train to London, we fit a little culture into our trip by heading to the Victoria and Albert Museum.  We could have spent all day at this amazing museum, but we went there specifically to see a specail exibit on Queen Elizabeth II to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee.  The exibit featured portraits of the Queen and her family by Cecil Beaton, and it was really interesting and sweet. 


This obviously wasn't part of the Queen's exibit, but it was pretty.

After the museum, we ate a quick lunch and then headed to do some shopping on Oxford and Regent Streets.  We literally shopped until we dropped, so we were ready for a good dinner.  We really do try to think of other places to eat when we are in London, but we always end up going to Wahaca.  It is the closest thing to good Mexican food we can get, so that is always what we are hungry for.  This time we really shook things up by going to the Wahaca in Soho.  We are just crazy like that.

Lunch in a park.

Dinner at Wahaca.

Happy girls full of Mexican food.

Piccadilly Circus



1 comment:

  1. Your girls look so big! I miss seeing you at the gym, but it looks like you are making great memories in England. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete