24 June 2012

Sutton's Birthday

Sutton turned 14 on May 13th, but she celebrated for a few weeks.  We started the celebration on Saturday, 12 May when Sutton had her birthday party.  She invited several friends over for a movie, pizza, cake and snacks.  It was a really easy party, and it was nice to see all of Sutton's friends from school.
Sutton's Cardinal Newman friends.

Sutton made her own amazing chocolate birthday cake.

On Sutton's actual birthday, we went out to eat at Las Iguanas after church.  It is a Latin American chain restaurant that has pretty decent fajitas, so we were all happy to celebrate there.  After lunch we did a little window shopping around the North Laine and got some ice cream at a newly opened ice cream shop. 

I did make Sutton a birthday cake for her actual birthday.

As a surprise for her birthday, we gave Sutton a spa trip to London.  Being the generous mother that I am, I volunteered to take her on this overnight trip.  On Saturday, 26 May, Sutton and I took a train from Brighton to Battersea Park in London, and we had a short walk to our hotel, The Pestana Chelsea Bridge Hotel and Spa. 

Sutton outside our hotel.

Our sweet hotel room.

Our hotel was right down the road from the Chelsea Flower Show, and this was one of the floats we saw.
 
Sutton and I were completely lazy on our girl's trip, and besides walking to Sloane Square to get some lunch, we never left the hotel.  Sutton was treated to her first massage (thanks to Nana and Grampy), and I am pretty sure she is hooked now.  After our massages, we chilled out by the indoor pool in the relaxation room until it was time to clean up for dinner. 

Sutton relaxing after her massage.

Sutton relaxing on the white leather chaise in our room.
We couldn't be bothered to leave the hotel, so we ate a  couple of amazing burgers in the hotel restaurant.  After dinner, we put on some comfy clothes and settled in for a good "chick flick" in our room.  I have to say it was one of the best days I have had in a long time.  I think Sutton even had as much fun as I did which is a good thing since it was her birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment